Great American Scrapbook Convention

By kate blue - Friday, June 26, 2009

Attended the GASC in Chantilly, VA for the first time-wasn't all that everybody was saying it was as far as the vendors spaces....most things I could've gotten at Photo Scraps with the exceptions of a few stops and a few things. I am tired and have an early wakeup call again tomorrow so I'll leave you with sneak peeks of what I WAS happy with...the divas will follow later in the weekend.......

This cool guy named TED from Stampers Anonymous

who, in addition to using his own creations ( namely THE STAMPS-HIS CREATIONS-uses great stuff from this line/creator:



created something fabulous for HER ROYAL HIGHNESS -that would be me!! {Sneak peek and yes, it involves a crown or two}



I know I took up a lot of his time ( I was talking way too much) and hope that he knows how much I enjoyed watching him actually use the techniques that Tim Holtz is famous for on his blog-I wasn't as intimidated watching Ted do it ...he was extremely patient, knowledgeable about ALL the products. His STAMPS and creativity were simply divine. In fact, his website doesn't do justice to his stamps; they are 100 times better in person-not the puny stamps you see at Michaels or the other crappy (oops, I said that out loud) big box stores and his prices were so darn reasonable...check out his schedule to see if he's coming to a show near you...you will not be disappointed with his stamps. HE made me a GORGEOUS tag but there are so many other things to do with the stamps so, hopefully I can find the creative bug tomorrow and get my mojo flowing.


Both E and I agreed that we would actually give the Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas a really good try this year......
Good night peeps!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I went to the one they had out here in Texas. It was my first time at a convention. I went alone and had a ball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Queen Kat!! hey, did you change or add a different banner at the top of your blog? You are so good about changing it up!

    I do real good, just to add a new post!

    I just tagged you on my blog. Hope you decide to post your 10, ...as always-no pressure. Just fun to learn more about a blogger :o)

    But if you do join in, please leave a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I would love to learn more about how to do tags, inking and stamping. I love what I see but I can never make it look good :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some L-O-V-E !

Blog Widget by LinkWithin