It's been 82 years and we still love him!

By kate blue - Thursday, November 18, 2010

  Happy birthday Mickey!!!  Walt Disney got the inspiration for Mickey Mouse from his old pet mouse he used to have on his farm. In 1925, Hugh Harman drew some sketches of mice around a photograph of Walt Disney. These inspired Ub Iwerks to create a new mouse character for Disney. "Mortimer Mouse" had been Disney's original name for the character before his wife, Lillian convinced him to change it, and ultimately Mickey Mouse came to be.

I've been blessed enough to have gone to Disneyworld four times in five years and I never get enough of it.  It is the most magical place on earth and while Mickey is not my favorite character, (Ya'll know I love the evil villians and Snow White) the magic couldn't happen without him!  Here's some of my favorite pictures and layouts over the years....the next time I see Mickey, I shall be on a boat! 




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Four times in 5 years?? That's a lot of Disney! Sounds super fun. :)

    I love those photos of you guys.. your boy is sooo little and especially adorable in that photo. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some L-O-V-E !

Blog Widget by LinkWithin