Plunging for a cause

By kate blue - Monday, October 24, 2011

In addition to cochlear implant/hearing loss issues, one of my passions (since I have one myself) is kids with "different abilities" and ways to support them.  In 2010, I attended and reconnected with some military brat friends from middle school and one of my friends (the awesome officer NcNeill) is involved in Plunge MD for Special Olympics.  So, in 2011, I was the photgrapher for Team Park Police and we had such a blast (below) that I decided to take the plunge myself (Yup, I'm going in the icy water)  in 2012!








Plunge participants take a quick dip in the Chesapeake Bay to raise funds for Special Olympics Maryland, the state’s largest year-round organization devoted to sports training and competition for children and adults with intellectual disabilities.



I NEED YOUR SUPPORT IN THE WAY OF PLEDGES !!!!  CLICK ON MY POLAR BRRR "FUR" BUTTON ON THE LEFT AND PLEASE SUPPORT ME! !  I'LL BE ACCEPTING PLEDGES ALL THE WAY UNTIL JAN 20, 2012!!  PLUNGE DATE IS JANUARY 28, 2012 *********** AND TO THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE ALREADY PLEDGED ME VIA MY FACEBOOK LINK, THANK YOU, YOU GUYS ROCK!!!   

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for leaving some L-O-V-E !

Blog Widget by LinkWithin