Marvelous Monday!

By kate blue - Monday, August 27, 2012

aaah....the view of those yellow buses made me super happy!  Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love and adore my children BUT, entertaining and feeding them all summer and hearing them carry on and fight and tattle tale on each other got real old after 2 weeks...so....thank you for the first day of school!

it's peaceful....and I have already planned the fall closet cleanup...THIS WEEK. Pics later.

But as I had mentioned earlier this week, I found some of my mojo that was on summer vacay and spent the day with the bff and did 5 layouts....good for a start...
I don't have many pictures of my father-in-law (who has been deceased for about 16 years) but I decided to start scrapping what few pictures I do have of him since I never scrap my husbands family...MY FIL was super sweet and just an amazing person and he is missed terribly by both me & my husband.  So, I scrapped him with some stash that I am still trying to use up:

 I apologize for the blurry pics, I took them last night after the kiddos were in bed...used that cute Basic Grey glasses paper that had been in the stash for like FOREVER; Studio Calico wood veneer camera shape, and the vintage suitcase is from KaiserCraft...Prima flower (super vintage) and the rest is stash.  Another cool thing I did was add a manila pocket on the right side for hidden journaling so that my husband could add private thoughts about his dad for our children to read in the future....
simple but I like it!
HAVE A MARVELOUS MONDAY EVERYONE!!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. GREAT layout, your highness!!!

    Classy!!!

    First- I love the papers. That glasses paper?! So cool. And that herringbone paper that looks like a vintage suit?! So nice.

    Those Studio Calico wood camera shapes are so great- I bought them, but haven't used them yet- I just like lookin at them. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some L-O-V-E !

Blog Widget by LinkWithin