Back in the saddle with my Counterfeit Kit

By kate blue - Saturday, January 05, 2019

I skipped Counterfeiting in November and December due to illness but I'MMMM BAAACCCKK!   This month's Counterfeit Kit Challenge team choice is very different in a good way...they counterfeited Felicity Janes' HANNAH kit:

A contemporary vibe with great patterns but a somewhat muted color palette. Since I knew I probably had NO MUTED TONES in my stash,  I primarily focused on PATTERNS-Florals, dots, lines and stripes.  EMBELLISHMENTS:   journal tags and,washi tape,  the tulle bows (I smell a forge here), and the hearts are doing it for me.  COLOR PALETTE:  You have to remember that when counterfeiting, if a color doesn't work for you , you don't have to use it!  Everyone knows I'm not rreeallly into pink papers so I'm not really incorporating it into my kit that much...I'm working more with the blue tones, black & white and florals.  Mixed collections everywhere including some hybrid stuff I had from Pink Paislee over at the Lily Pad plus I used a lot of Teresa Collins Studio Gold collection and Maggie Holmes Bloom stash for the win! 




I then added my own rogue paper ad-on and then my own embellishment kits that had slight inspirational nods to the Hannah kit.  This was definitely a tough counterfeit!  
HEARTS, WASHI, BLACK N WHITE, FLORALS, TAGSS

DEAR LIZZY, HEIDI SWAPP, ELLE'S STUDIO, WAKANDA DIGI FROM ETSY

MY OWN PAPER ADD-ON SO I CAN HANDCUT SOME FLORALS
Thanks for popping by!  Hope to find that tulle so I can make those bows tomorrow and hope to have some layouts done by tomorrow night!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Queen Kat: You've compiled an excellent kit of copy-cats for January! You've rocked this! Sorry to hear about your illness but glad to see you getting started early in the month. I've just put together my kit, too, so let's motivate each other to create some fabulous layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh!I love your kit and I am so happy that you are back playing along with us! You have gathered up a great bunch of goodies and I look forward to seeing what you create with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kit looks good, glad you went rogue with your paper add-on, it gives it a definite color boost. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous kit which looks like it will be fun to use. I see a bicycle flair I wish I had and those soft vellums will work well too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great kit and I love the name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a perfect reminder to pull what appeals to you from the inspiration! Happy to have you playing along again, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you have really done a fabulous job here. I cannot wait to see how you will use all those coordinated items. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some L-O-V-E !

Blog Widget by LinkWithin