Happy news-August CKCB !

By kate blue - Thursday, August 01, 2019

Happy Thursday everyone!  I'm happy to reveal that I've been asked to be the August Guest Designer over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog!  Most of you know the blog and how it works BUT just in case you don't, here's the gist:   The Design Team searches the internet and picks out a scrapbook kit that catches their fancy.  They reveal it on the blog on the 1st of the month and the 1st CHALLENGE part is to troll through YOUR OWN STASH and to COUNTERFEIT using your own stash!  You don't have to copy it exactly piece by piece, it's all up to your interpretation!  They then have other challenges throughout the month to help you to keep using your kit. 

This month's inspiration comes from Citrus Twist Kits-

Their July 2019 "Best of This Life "MAIN KIT:





 I usually start my counterfeit with looking at patterns instead of colors.  So for the Main kit I focused on STRIPES, STARS, TRIANGLES, NUMBERS AND PRINT.
 Then I went back and added some pastels to mimic the Main papers up in there!


   Their Add-On kit:





July 2019 Scrapbooking Add-on Kit
And Mine:  Blue alphas, paper clips, more stars, All Heart chipboard, words, puffies, flamingos (yeah baby), sequin  and more!  I made a ginormous kit this month since I played at the beach last month and didn't scrap that much!















So there you go!  I'm overjoyed to be using my stash and sharing lots of creations AND maybe a forgery or two (maybe) this month!  Don't forget to pop over to the Counterfeit Kit blog for the Design Team's reveals, writeups and linky party :)  

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Kate what a lovely kit with lots to play with. Looking forward to your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love how different the focus on patterns has made your kit. Those geometric patterns really stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bright colourful kit Kate.I like all your patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you match up the patterns - like that approach. I do that from time to time but I need to do it again. Your selection of papers is swoon worthy and I want to know what that bokeh paper is?!?! I think I need that in my own stash! So so so happy to have you with us this month Kate - you are awesome and it's going to be a great month!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some L-O-V-E !

Blog Widget by LinkWithin