Imitation IS the sincerest form of flattery really....

By kate blue - Tuesday, February 22, 2011

and scrapbooking really isn't original, we are all just imitating "something" that we've seen; doesn't have to be a layout; could be a work of art in a museum, an ad, a photograph, a quilt...art is always a reinvention of the wheel in a way...it's anything that our eyes, mind or brain captures...so one of my blog buddies hipped me to this site accidentally (she left a comment and I went to her blog and then hopped there since I always hop to new blogs that way)..anyway, for those of us who  HOARD have a paper/embellishment supply, THIS site called Counterfeit Kit Challenge was right up our alley!  Reuse, reduce, recycle right ??? So anyway, they take a current popular kit club from the web, get inspired by it, then guide you to use your stash to re-create it! Their challenge is for you to create  your own custom kit, share it and then share your creations !
This month, their chosen ONE was the Feb kit from Scraps of Darkness shown here:

and so I challenged myself to round up some supplies that I already had both used & unused  to create this:






I chose to of course include 3 sheets of my "go-to" black cardstock as a freebie, then I added:
  • 6  12 x12 papers Jenni Bowlin Red & Black III
  • 1   12 x12 misc journal PP ?? maybe Cosmo Cricket ??
  •  2 6 x6 sheets GCD Studios Winter Wonderland papers
  • 1 pack Prima rhinestones
  • leftover pack Fiskars quote stickers
  • Maya Road rose trims pieces
  • 2 Melody Ross for GCD Studios die cuts
  • Making Memories star brads
  • Making Memories 5th Avenue piece journaling sheet
  • Making memories metal accents
  • leftover heart chipboard
  • Jenni Bowlin cream vintage buttons
  • Cosmo Cricket tiny type alphas
  • Creative Imaginations piece overlay
  • Jenni Bowlin ledger banner stickers
I'm not a big flower fan so that's why I don't have any in MY kit but may make my own after I get started-will reveal some projects this week!  I challenge you to join up HERE to to get that stash used!~  Maybe we could even do a kit trade to see what folks come up with!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Very nice! There are neat papers in your kit that I have not seen before. Thanks for playing with us!

    Bethany
    Counterfeit Kit Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your kit. Can't wait to see what you make with it.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your kit. Can't wait to see what you create with it.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you are playing along. I'd like to do a trade kit with you or anyone who is interested. I think it's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you found us! I love your kit...it looks VERY much like the original...awesome job!!!
    *meridy*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some L-O-V-E !

Blog Widget by LinkWithin