My January 2016 CKCB kit is ready!

By kate blue - Tuesday, January 05, 2016


For those of you who are committed to using your stash and don't know how I put my many of my kits together, go to CounterfeitKitChallenge Blog.  
If you aren't familiar with the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog, it is a blog run by Bethany that takes a kit from a kit club/blog and "counterfeits (copy/get inspired by) it" and YOU in turn, look at the kit and also "counterfeit it" with your existing stash; creating your own spin on it.  Some months, I can get 14 layouts out of a kit, others 7-8; it all depends on my mojo...but it all works toward decreasing our ever growing stash! And, I can go to a crop using kits and only have to carry 1 bag!


That being said, some months, I'm super motivated by the original inspiration but this month, I struggled with this one...the inspiration for the counterfeiting this month comes from  Scarlet Lime's Planner Society kits...and while I loved all the stuff, it was a struggle because I don't really have these kinds of extra bright colors/ overly girly embellishments in my stash! And, I don't use a planner, so I was a bit stumped! So I looked at all of them and made my own!
 
 
Photo 3   
so, I ended up focusing on elements instead!  Bold floral prints in my papers, feathers, hearts, tags, typewriters and then added what made me happy so I can bust stash!
 I started with some general paper packs (plus I have white & kraft CS not photographed)
 
Patterned papers (some are pretty vintage circa 2011-hooray for stash busting!):


then added embellishments galore:


*So there you have my January 2016 CKCB kit!  I'm going down to my scrap room this week to clean it and know that I do have those Maggie Holmes banner things; just gotta find em!  And of course, I'll troll Pinterest for some free planner type printables and maybe even counterfeit printables on my own using the CKCB DT ideas! 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. For not being inspired you certainly rocked this forgery! I love using a collection for starters as it's always got the right mix of patterns & you already know that they will play nicely together ;-) Thanks so much for the sweet shout-out to CKC at the beginning. To sum up how I feel about your kit I can only give you the ultimate compliment: I would definitely buy it! Hope your month is happy & scrappy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm adding my thanks for the 'shout out' and 'love' from such a regular counterfeiter. It warms my heart when people find it inspiring - even when they are initially a little stumped by the kits we choose!

    The end result is adorable though - all those embellishments are a bit swoonsome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to focus on the flavor of the kit - you definitely captured the whimsy and light-hearted tone! The mix of embellishments is wonderful and I'm curious to see how you use the eyeglass papers. Hope you have fun with your kit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous kit!! Happy New year, my friend!! Hope you enjoyed the holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU did good. Thumbs-up. {{joyce}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the pops of red and green and black make for a fabulous kit - scrap on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute kit and good job on the stash busting :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some L-O-V-E !

Blog Widget by LinkWithin