It's Scrapping Sunday ya'll and I'm the Guest Designer at CKCB!

By kate blue - Sunday, October 01, 2017

October already???  I'm not ready for fall but here it is!  I'm so stoked because I was invited to be this month's Guest Designer at the Counterfeit Kit (CKCB) blog!  For those of you who may not know what the Counterfeit Kit blog does, it is a blog (DT) that takes a kit from a kit club and uses it as inspiration for you to shop in your own stash.  You basically either recreate the kit OR be inspired by elements of the kit to do your own thing.  Hope that made sense...but if not, here's how -I'll show you!

This month's inspiration kit chosen by DT diva Julene, comes from Prima and the super talented Frank Garcia...voila...Their St. Tropez collection!


The kit colors are all beachy, sandy, with nautical touches...Kit seemed both masculine and feminine to me with the metallic elements with the add of striking florals.
Okay, I usually always start my kit with the PAPERS!  And when I say PAPERS, I mean a lot of them, I'm a paper hoarder and I like options especially since I have a lot of summer pics to scrap.
I focused on the blues, the wood grains and beachy/ocean/sea elements.
And then, I'll be honest, I threw in a Carta Bella (Ahoy There 2014) pre-kit (is that a word??) that I'd been hoarding for quite a bit.

The inspiration kit also had a lot of beachy/water elements:
So, I pulled together a nice little box of beachy/water elements, some flowers (I didn't have many) along with some travel type of goodies.  My kit is pretty big and I seriously hope to get so many layouts done this month to redeem myself from last month's measly count!

I hope you were inspired by my MASSIVE kit; what will strike a chord ??  Will you find things in your stash that you lost or that you forgot you had??  Here is the CKCB DT and their takes on the same exact kit; hope you will be seriously challenged-Can't wait to see what you put together and your creations!

Guest Designer, Kate http://kateblue.blogspot.com (you are here)









  • Share:

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Very cool kit! I love that you added some more color compared to the Prima kit. I think I will have a lot that fits in my kit, too, if I have time to create one. I definitely inspired now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being chosen Guest designer. Your mega kit is sure to produce lots of layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh very nice, I'm loving the florals you've included. And I cannot wait to see what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great kit! I love the blue and woodgrain together. And a wonderful selection of embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delighted that you are our Guest Designer this month! I spy a few goodies in your kit that I had forgotten that I own, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome as our guest designer and what a marvellous big kit! I'm loving all of it Kate.I hope you get to use at least some of that paper stash.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your big, beautiful kit! All of your papers and embellishmentshments are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A huge kit but one that's fabulous and will be so easy to use. Love it. I really like the emphasis on all things beachy. Snap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the kit you've created! Can't wait to see what you do with it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, you're a girl after my own heart with that great big kit! I always seem to go overboard too. Those beach-y embellishments are especially appealing. Welcome aboard this month - looking forward to seeing how you use your lovely kit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kinda loving that you went 'overboard' with the kit. See what I did there? I'm really not that funny ;)

    I'm astonished by how much stash you had that was directly related to the nautical theme - but this will allow you so much choice this month. I love the Carta Bella line, the touches of Red/Pink are lovely.

    Have fun playing along this month. It's so fantastic to have you as the GDT x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some L-O-V-E !

Blog Widget by LinkWithin