Thankful THursday!

By kate blue - Thursday, December 16, 2010

yup, still continuing to be thankful...this week, I'm thankful for my bff, Essandra, for always humoring when I give her a crazy project to do :), no questions asked! ...this weekend, I just told her to come over for a  surprise "project"....so, over she came and we surprised her with a "Bobby Flay style" gingerbread house throwdown!!  Let the fun begin...it was just for the girls this time...the "boy" gets his own project {tomorrow's post}....so, ask yourself, R U READY FOR A THROWDOWN?????


as you can see, it all started off great...THEN, I got impatient...that's one of the reasons why I can't bake.  I want the NOW gratification of it all...I even scrap my scrapbook pages fast and that's why I struggle in classes where I have to measure mats and papers...my OCD of it all...so then mine started to go downhill and despite my best efforts to save it..did I mention we had REAL judges too?  We had dinner guests later that evening who hadn't seen the throwdown (or the huge mess we made) that would be judging :0...so anyway, this is what happened NEXT:
it WAS coming together......
 but then, as like on the Food Network, you had to get it to the judges table for judging...I couldn't wait for the dumb frosting/spackle/drywall to dry...and so....THIS was mine:
AWWWW!! TOO BAD!!!
 But the "patient ones," the "marthas" -the ones who weren't drinking wine, just HAD to show me up {LOL} and here's what theirs looked like-PERFECTION !  And btw, the judges decision was a  tie! It was sooo much fun and we're thinking this should be a Christmas tradition but with more friends next time!
Essandra's


BB's {Thing 1's}




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Those Gingerbread houses look awesome. Yours was looking very cute too despite its collapse. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some L-O-V-E !

Blog Widget by LinkWithin