True story Tuesday and an award for me :)

By kate blue - Tuesday, September 17, 2013

not a real trophy or anything, just a sweet shoutout from the sweet MarieClaire over @ M-C's Friendship Corner! This week, I am one of her nominees for a Liebster Award-The Liebster Award is given to up & coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers (I have more than 200 so THANK YOU, wonderful readers of the Queen's speech hhehehee :)
 So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn’t that sweet?

True story part: Whenever I travel, I pack scrap supplies for chillout/down days.  Well, on one of my ventures to Orlando maybe back in 2009 or so, I looked to see if there were any meetup groups in Orlando who would be scrapping...exchanged some emails with the lovely M-C and she and some of her lovely (and very talented) friends put a crop together so we could meet!!  She was so charming & such a wonderful host; we had a great time! I do remember that we had chocolate cake and oohe'd and awe'd over her fab Christmas card making skills in the summer:):)   She has since moved to KY otherwise I would've visited her a few more times since then!
Anyway with the Liebster, I gotta answer some questions, I shall try my best!
1. When and why did you start blogging?  I started blogging in 2007 because I had just started scrapbooking and the only way to leave comments on other blogs/challenges was to have your own blog.
2. What is the one thing you want your followers to know about you? Hmmmm...I am not a diamonds & pearls kinda gal  ( I have lost WAYY too much  valuable jewelry) but give me  costume jewelry?? I am positively giddy!

3. What is your favorite part of running a blog? Gives people a way to know me since I blog like I speak...let's my family stay caught up with with kids and the crafting LOL
4. Where do you find your blogging inspiration? Magazines-both crafty and non-crafty (travel and food mags are great places to get inspired .  Also, I am a Pinterest addict!
5. What is your most favorite product you love working with? Patterned Paper!
6. How did you choose your blog name? Hahaha..It's not creative at all! It  sucks!
7. What is your favorite color and what does it say about you? Aqua/Teal and I think it speaks to how much I love the water (beach, ocean,  or pool)
8. What is your favorite craft tool? Tim Holtz Tonic Scissors-never leave home without 'em!
9. In your opinion what is the best thing about where you live? I love Maryland for all it's history and charming towns in addition to the  more well known cities; I love that it has 4 distinct seasons.  I love the town I live in because its not too big; folks know you around town :)
10. What post did you recently read, yours or someone else's that made you think oh wow, that is really special? I am keeping up with Jacob from Jacob's Ride...a special young man (deafened at age 10 ) who is a cochlear implant wearer who has been riding to all 30 major league baseball stadiums to raise $1,000,000 for those who can't afford a cochlear implant..  Since my son lost his hearing at age 2., but is NOW bilaterally implanted, I know the costs related to the surgery, the  implants, the therapies and the accessories that go with them  and they are ASTRONOMICALLY expensive- one of Thing 2's batteries broke at school last week and  each long life battery is $ 199 OUT OF POCKET.   So what this  young man from Maryland has been doing since this summer has me saying WOW!!!!! I hope to meet him upon his return back to Maryland.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I so wish that we lived closer together! We really should swap something creative sometime soon!

    Big hugs to a wonderful lady!

    M-C

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some L-O-V-E !

Blog Widget by LinkWithin