Upcycled or recycled?? You pick!!

By kate blue - Wednesday, December 24, 2014

I haven't had time to craft this week so I'm sharing a project I finished last week...upcycled  or recycled?  Am not sure, maybe both...back in the summer, I had picked up a box of empty hot chocolate/coffee cans from Freecycle with the intention of making 12 of these for friends.  Last year (or was it 2013?) during the Christmas holidays, I had been featured over at the Little Yellow Bicycle blog and I had made this using LYB scrapbook goodies and modge podge, glitter and holiday piks:
So, I gathered up some Christmasy looking supplies, modge podge, trims and got to work with my glue gun :) 


buy Christmas piks when they are on sale!

add white glitter for sparkle!

white sequins and a doily for subtle layers


covered plain button chipboard with paint and microbeads!
 and voila! An upcycled can that you can use as a candy dish or cookie holder-OR, you can put paper towels in it in the bathroom-too many possibilities!!  One down, 11 to go :):)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Thanks for leaving some L-O-V-E !

Blog Widget by LinkWithin