CKCB April Challenge #1!

By kate blue - Thursday, April 04, 2013

Hope you were inspired by all of the kits we put together for you and that you dug into your stash and made your own kit!  So, here we are, ready for April Challenge # 1! A  photo challenge!

I focused on the wonderful greens & yellows....and thought- hmm...a "family tree?"

This is my cousin Eric- not a cousin by blood but we don't care...we've been "cousins" since we were about 18 years old and his family is my family till death do us part.  We don't see each other as often as we'd like, but it's like time never's passed once we do get together.  When my niece died last month, there wasn't anyone else (besides his momma) that I wanted there by my side at the funeral. We got together the next day and caught up on life stuff and it was such a stress reliver!


"The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life."  ~Richard Bach ~  
Be inspired by the photo and come on by the Counterfeit Challenge Blog  and link us (Mr. Linky on the right) up to your project and your kit! We want to be inspired by YOU!



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. How cheery are those smiles LOL! Love the back story to this stunning page and that quote is smashing too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this layout! Love how you were inspired by the tree, the fabulous photos, the butterflies, the design....goodness, can ya tell I love this page?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So perfect for spring. Love those butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful interpretation of the inspiration piece. I love the trail of butterflies and layered banners. I'm off to sign on as your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this layout! The colors are gorgeous and great use of the inspiration. The little butterflies are perfect. So sorry to hear about your niece's passing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful layout - I love the leading line of the little butterflies and all of the negative space. I'm also loving how, despite the bright colours, your layouts don't seem overwhelming. You've created such lovely balance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really lovely page. I hope you will record the story you told us about your cousin on here somewhere? Perhaps the back of the layout because the front is so beautifully designed. The trail of butterflies evokes that path stretching ahead to the distance so well. Wonderfully balanced.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This LO is so cute and fun

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like all the details on the page.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your work, Kate! I like your layout for this page, I'm pinning it for future scrap lifting :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. You do awesome work on your layouts. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice LO!Love the design, the color, and the butterflies! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous12:43 AM EDT

    Greetings from California! I'm bored at work so I decided to browse your site on my iphone during lunch break. I enjoy the knowledge you provide here and can't wait to take a look when I get home. I'm shocked at how quick your blog loaded on my phone .. I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, very good blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some L-O-V-E !

Blog Widget by LinkWithin