March...and a kit already !!!

By kate blue - Thursday, March 01, 2018

This week has been mad crazy-car in the shop and my son had some medical issues that have stressed me to the ends of earth and back...so I decided that rather than have these damn shingles return, I'd go down to the studio and put my March Counterfeit Kit (CKCB) together so that I can just take a few days and just scrap EVERY SINGLE DAY...you heard me!  With the exception of the boy child Thing 2, everyone else will have to fend for themselves and figure.it.out.

The March Counterfeit Kit is not EXACTLY a kit...it's more based on a formula that the talented Jill Sprott (I've always loved  her stuff from way back in the 2Peas days)  used in her stash-busting challenge series on her blog HERE.
Master forger Susan at CKCB came up with this kit:


 We were to use this (along with Jill's list)  as a jump off point to make our kits in any way we wanted to so here goes-I started off with the papers:  Black prints, striped & diagonal prints, circles, strong florals, and repetititve words.  She said 8 pps but I had to go big!  25 pieces!
Next, embellishments! I was drawn to washi, twine, words, tags (I made my own with scraps,) stars and LOTS of hearts!  I added things in that I hadn't used from last month's CKCB kit too.
Then, I also recycled  paper scraps from last month's kit and some from my scrap bin:
and last but not least, additional specialty papers:
So there's my kit-my goal is to get at least 10 layouts done this month so if it snows tomorrow, you know where I'll be!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. What a week you've had! You bring a whole new dimension to "scrap therapy"!!! Hope your son is over the health crisis & that the shingles stay away <3
    FA-BU-LOUS kit. One day I am coming over to your house to play, my scrappy sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say #1 how adorable you look in your mad bomber hat & #2 Yay! on your snow day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great kit packed to the brim with some lovely pieces! Your embellishments have me drooling...I hope you got to spend some time with them on your snow day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely kit and packed full too :) Just the way I like it! Thanks for joining us over at CKC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Kit. Love the dog paper so cure. I tend to put my leftover back unless there is a page or project I want to make and didn't. I may just have to add them in.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some L-O-V-E !

Blog Widget by LinkWithin