My first Forgery on the Fourth!

By kate blue - Sunday, July 04, 2021

 It's time for the Counterfeiters to show you some Forgery on the Fourth!


If you will recall, in the original inspiration kit from Kelly Purkey she had these papers:

I was inspired to make my own embellishments from the 2 center papers since I loved those patterns.  Since I'm still traveling, I broke out my trusty watercolors, my circle trace thingee (don't judge, I'm traveling without punches and only have what I can find in my dad's junk drawer lol) and my black gel pen.


I then just drew (loosely) some leafy strands and also some connected circles like the inspiration photo- definitely loose,  I like that organic feel cause there's less pressure to make it perfect-comes from being a scrapper and an art journaler and also the fact that I hate to measure ANYTHING.



Next, scribbly outline with a black pen of choice: I do scribbly cause it's too much pressure to be straight!


and VOILA-MY own watercolor embellishments inspired by patterned papers! You could leave it as patterned paper and do more repetitions or cut it out like I did.  Your art, your choice!


and of course, how I used them along with my July Counterfeit Kit!



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for leaving some L-O-V-E !

Blog Widget by LinkWithin