Great project

By kate blue - Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Got this great tutorial from Shannon (over at http://www.thescrapbookbungalow.blogspot.com/) and she's also a fellow poster at www.ittybittyscrapshack.com....great weekend project or just one to whip up quickly before traveling. These are her directions and you can tweak them according to your own personal tastes.

Supplies:
3 - 9 x 12 envelopes (I used kraft) *see note below
1 yard of ribbon or twine
assorted patterned papers, optional

*Envelopes need to have openings on the ends.

Fold flaps down and fold envelopes in half. Alternate the open ends.

Nest envelopes and punch hole at top and bottom. I used the Crop-A-Dile and punched in as far as it would reach, about 1 inch.

Insert twine or ribbon ends through holes from outside and bring ends back through from inside at opposite ends. Pull tight and tie.

I cover mine, inside and out with patterned paper however it's optional. I'm making this one for our trip to Vermont this summer to attend a family reunion. It's a work in progress, I always put the dates on the outside.

Here are a few others I've made.

I include plenty of space for notes and journaling and the pockets are great for ticket stubs, brochures, maps, I use one for hotel info, confirmation printout and stuff printed from Mapquest. We always do some research before we take a trip, we like to make the most of our journey.
When the photos have been printed, I just pull out the journal and refer back to my notes.
Enjoy your journey.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This is great, thank you for sharing :) I might have to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some L-O-V-E !

Blog Widget by LinkWithin