Bunkered down weekend...why not play with paper!

By kate blue - Saturday, August 27, 2011

for those of us on the East Coast, it's definitely been a crazy kinda week...I mean, an earthquake AND a hurricane watch/storms ??!! What???  Whowouldathunkit??? So far, we've been pretty lucky here in little old Elkridge, it's just been rain, rain and more rain and not even the harsh rains that I had anticipated.  Thank GOD right?  Well, I put a roast in the crockpot last nite and did some super yummy mashed potatoes w/ gravy  and a light farmers market salad (not lettuce just colorful veggies tossed with balsamic vingar and EVOO-my daughter did not get that, she needs lettuce) for the comfort food of it all and now that everybody's fed and watching a movie, I get to play with paper!!

Since my brain's in lazy mode, I just decided to bunker down with my July 2011 issue of Scrapbook Trends mag and scraplift to my hearts content this weekend...I started off with the talented Jennifer Yates from {The Pink Room} and her layout called "I Love These Curls":


and then here's my "lift"/take:  Not an exact lift but 80%...I haven't added a title yet since I ran out of the  AC Thickers that I wanted to use so as soon as I find the right ones, I WILL be adding a title.  I normally don't like titles but this one needs it.....My eyes were drawn to the Sasssafra Lass chipboard flowers that she used and the Prima resin flowers too- I had lots of them lying around too so...and this does remind me that I do need a Martha Stewart butterfly punch!  And my journaling is there too but very hidden against the green polka dots of the American Crafts Margarita collection paper :):)

THING 2- SUPER CUTE -OXYGEN TUBES AND ALL !!
sorry for the bad pics...there is truly no sun out with the storm so....

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hi Kat! Thank you so much for scraplifting my layout! I am so flattered and absolutely love your creations! Such great work with all the Sassafras goodies! Have a great week! :)))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some L-O-V-E !

Blog Widget by LinkWithin