TGIF! It's a Colorful Friday!

By kate blue - Friday, June 28, 2013

and lest ya'll think I am crazy, yes, you have seen TWO pink layouts this week...PINK!  I give credit to Heidi Sonboul, who has some fantastic TWO DOLLAR classes that are taking me out of my color comfort zones BUT are helping me bust through more stash in a better way!

I love her techniques and I wish all those folks who are charging more for online classes would make it more affordable for the masses...I have learned more in two classes than I would ever get in a $35 one that's for sure...sure, I can scrap, but it makes my layouts look better IMHO....
So, this obviously had a color palette (something I normally detest (just keeping it honest)) and I actually stuck to the PINK of it all cause upon looking at my paper collection, I actually had some cool looking pinks in there begging to be used. The rest of the class techniques?  You'll have to take the class!
Quick shots of my color crews: (YELLOW, BLACK, PINK, NEUTRAL)  I stuck to a lot of Basic Grey, SEI and MAMBI papers-American Crafts, Cosmo Cricket and OA embells



 

and while Heidi did NOT have all the quantity that I did, I went big so that I could use these at a crop I'm going to over the weekend (multitasking ya'll)....and then I had to add my junk to it:
veneers-my strange addiction

 
stash -sticking to the more feminine touches


ONE LAYOUT LATER:


not totally happy with my title or the neutral papers I chose but I still like it!



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Wowwwwwwwww! The layout you created is GORGEOUS!! I am LOVING all the pink (sorry!! I am a pink girl!! LOL!!) and loveeeeeee all the layers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SWEET page. Love how you used the AC embellies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the second person to say how much you like the classes. Love her style. This is gorgeous! Love how you pulled all those awesome supplies together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome page! School photos are always a challenge for me. I love that this page isn't the typical primary color palette/school bus/ruler/alphabet variety. Thanks for the inspiration. I'm off to check out Heidi's classes. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some L-O-V-E !

Blog Widget by LinkWithin